The Clinical Advisory Council provides strategic leadership and clinical expertise to enable improvement in clinical models and health service delivery, tailored to the specific needs of local communities.
- To provide a clinical perspective to Murray PHN Board to ensure that decisions, investments, and innovations are patient-centred, cost effective, locally relevant and aligned to local care experiences and expectations.
- To provide strategic advice and make recommendations from a clinical perspective to support Murray PHN to plan and deliver health services that result in the delivery of quality care.
- To reinforce the ongoing need for joined-up planning and service system.
- To identify additional opportunities for Murray PHN to meet its strategic priorities in the region.
The Clinical Advisory Council members are:
- Dr Richard Bills, general practitioner (CV)
- Dr John Buckley, general practitioner (NW)
- Jade Cartwright, chronic disease nurse (NE)
- Kathryn Cunning, GP liasion officer (CV)
- Susan Kennett, manager transition care program and residential in reach (CV)
- Angela Lawrence, hospital pharmacist (NE)
- Dr Naomi Malone, psychologist (CV)
- Dr Mark Savage, director of medicine and clinical dean (CV)
- Catherine Sambell, occupational therapist (NE)
- Dr William Walton, general practitioner (NE)
- Russel Maher, mental health nurse practitioner (NE)
- Sue Watson, accredited mental health social worker (NW)
The Clinical Advisory Council will next meet in May and September 2020. An annual all councils forum will also be held in April 2020.
Page last updated 19 December 2019.