The Community Advisory Councils provide locally relevant perspectives on local needs and potential innovations that address health priorities.
- To provide a community perspective to the Murray PHN Board to ensure that decisions, investments, and innovations are patient centred, cost effective, locally relevant, and aligned to local care experiences and expectations.
- To provide strategic advice and make recommendations from a community and consumer perspective to support Murray PHN to plan and deliver health services that supports quality care.
- To reinforce and support mechanisms that support joined up planning across a service system, inclusive of community perspective and insight.
- To identify additional opportunities for Murray PHN to meet its strategic priorities in the respective region.
In late 2018, our Community Advisory Councils actively engaged in local conversations at a range of locations, that resulted in 800 community Voices responding to questions about primary health. The Advisory Council members did a fantastic job in helping to identify the top issues in our community, with the most important issue being access to GPs. Click here to see what we heard.
In the North West, our Community Advisory Council members are:
- Wendy Buteux, Birchip/Swan Hill
- Lois O’Callaghan, Mildura West
- Jack Forbes, Mildura West
- Heather Macklin, Colignan
- Peter Nooy, Robinvale
- Allison McTaggart, Mildura, and
- Amy Nash, Red Cliffs
In Central Victoria, our Community Advisory Council members are:
- Geoff Barrett, Kyneton
- Oscar Aertssen, Koondrook
- Sharon Walsh, Elmore
- Dianne Bowles, Mead
- Emily Condon, Kyneton
- Jeff Bray, Rochester
In the Goulburn Valley, our Community Advisory Council members are:
- Kim Fitzgerald, Youanmite
- Jemma Hansen, Katunga
- Joanne Kinder, Shepparton
- Dr Menon Parameswaran, Shepparton
- Jamie Porter, Seymour
- Betul Tuna, Shepparton, and
- Kate Wright, Cobram
In the North East, our Community Advisory Council members are:
- Jillian Craig, Thurgoona NSW
- Cazz Redding, Bright
- Carmel Hicks, Lavington NSW
- Peter Hopper, Bright
- Kym Loechel, Wangaratta, and
- Karina Walker, Benalla