The Community Advisory Councils provide locally relevant perspectives on local needs and potential innovations that address health priorities.
Specifically, our community councils:
- provide a community perspective to the Murray PHN Board to ensure that decisions, investments, and innovations are patient centred, cost effective, locally relevant, and aligned to local care experiences and expectations
- provide strategic advice and make recommendations from a community and consumer perspective to support Murray PHN to plan and deliver health services that supports quality care
- reinforce and support mechanisms that support joined up planning across a service system, inclusive of community perspective and insight
- identify additional opportunities for Murray PHN to meet its strategic priorities in the respective region.
Through individual and group conversations, Community Council members collect and provide the view of local voices. Below are summaries of what we've heard:
- Strong Communities - September 2019
- Healthcare Scenarios - March 2019
- Primary Health - December 2018
Anyone can get involved and have their say on the health needs and opportunities in their town, by joining our online group of Health Voices - click here to learn more.
The Community Advisory Councils will next meet throughout March and September 2020. An annual all councils forum will be held in April 2020.
In the North West, our Community Advisory Council members are:
- Wendy Buteux, Birchip/Swan Hill
- Lois O’Callaghan, Ouyen/Mildura West
- Jack Forbes, Mildura West
- Heather Macklin, Colignan
- Allison McTaggart, Mildura
- Leo Tellefson, Donald
In Central Victoria, our Community Advisory Council members are:
- Oscar Aertssen, Koondrook/Kerang
- Sharon Walsh, Elmore
- Dianne Bowles, Mead
- Emily Condon, Kyneton
- Nerida Dye, Leitchville/Echuca
- Lucy Mayes, Kyneton
In the Goulburn Valley, our Community Advisory Council members are:
- Kim Fitzgerald, Youanmite
- Jemma Hansen, Katunga
- Dr Menon Parameswaran, Shepparton
- Jamie Porter, Seymour, and
- Kate Wright, Cobram
- Jane Garrett, Euroa
In the North East, our Community Advisory Council members are:
- Jillian Craig, Thurgoona NSW
- Carmel Hicks, Lavington NSW
- Kym Loechel, Wangaratta, and
- Karina Walker, Benalla
- Valissa Clarke, Benalla
- Tim Wallis, Albury
Page last updated 19 March 2020.