Murray PHN has established the Indigenous Health Advisory Council. The council will provide a representative voice for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people across the catchment.
The council will meet on a quarterly basis and will provide a platform for authentic participation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the design and development of commissioning activities.
Murray PHN will support Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations (ACCHOs) on the council to build capacity through a network of information exchange, best practice and shared knowledge.
The council membership includes the ACCHO CEO's from across the Murray PHN catchment. Current members:
- Bendigo and District Aboriginal Co-operative - Raylene Harradine (Chair)
- Albury Wodonga Aboriginal Health Service - David Noonan
- Mallee District Aboriginal Service - Rudy Kirby
- Mungabareena Aboriginal Corporation - Rhonda French (acting CEO)
- Murray Valley Aboriginal Co-operative - Paul O'Neill
- Njernda Aboriginal Corporation - Karlene Dwyer
The Indigenous Health Advisory Council is governed by a Terms of Reference that sets out its purpose and structures.