Our vision is for better health and wellbeing for our community through better care and better systems.
When everyone in our community experiences good health and wellbeing we all enjoy a better quality of life. When we connect with friends, family, neighbours, workmates and colleagues, we make a valuable contribution to society and we can live a life reaching our greatest potential. To do this, the healthcare system and models of care need to support and maintain the best possible health, wellbeing, and independence for each of us.
Murray PHN's activities are guided by the organisation's core values. Employees are encouraged to consider these values and their application in all areas of their work, both individually or as part of a team.
- Leadership - We commit to lead effective change in primary health care
- Collaboration - We build enduring relationships that lead to better health
- Knowledge - We use knowledge to improve health and shape our health care system
- Innovation - We foster new and better ways to improve health outcomes
- Accountability - We are accountable to our communities, partners, funders and each other
Our role is to hear, understand, and address the health needs of our communities by engaging key partners to deliver targeted actions that:
- increase the efficiency and effectiveness of health services for patients, particularly those at risk of poor health outcomes.
- improve the coordination of care to ensure patients receive the right care in the right place at the right time.
Our results will be achieved by redesigning healthcare systems and redeveloping models of care across the Murray PHN catchment through transparent planning, ongoing engagement, collaboration where and whenever possible, and resource allocation based on strong evaluation and evidence.
We will be accountable to our funding organisations, communities, and partners through good governance practice, regular and accurate reporting, quality staff expertise and by actively building a highly reputable, respected and valued organisation.