Health professionals wanting to find out more about the MBS items and who is eligible, refer to the MBS Online factsheet by clicking here.
Better Access Bushfire Recovery Telehealth Initiative
The Bushfire Recovery and telehealth Medicare items will apply to all Australians, including children, young people, adults, seniors, and frontline emergency personnel who were residents of, working in, or visiting a bushfire affected region.
The expanded telehealth initiative will allow people in rural and remote areas affected by bushfires to receive Medicare rebated counselling and psychological support through video telehealth services. This will also allow eligible GPs to deliver mental health and wellbeing support via telehealth.
Resources for health professionals
- The Bouverie Centre: Guidelines for trauma-informed family sensitive practice in adult health services
- Australian Family Physician Vol 42, No 9: Early response to psychological trauma and what GPs can do
- Australian Guidelines for the Prevention and Treatment of Acute Stress Disorder, Posttraumatic Stress Disorder and Complex PTSD
- AAPM: administrative support for practices that have been affected by bushfires
- Murray HealthPathways: information on the assessment and management of medical conditions, including local referral information- note you must be registered and logged in to access.
Page last updated 13 January 2022