Our bushfire response
Murray PHN is one of 12 PHNs funded by the Federal Department of Health to commission services and supports in targeted regions that have suffered severe damage and loss as a result of the 2019-20 bushfires.
These services and supports include:
- emergency and ongoing mental health care for people affected by bushfires including up to ten free mental health sessions for individuals, families and emergency services personnel
- engagement of a Bushfire Recovery Coordinator whose role is to ensure that the right mental supports are offered in the right place and at the right time
- expanding mental health services in bushfire affected regions to meet local need
- the commissioning of small community grants to fund activities that help support mental health and healing following the bushfires
- assisting with managing increased demand at specified headspace services in areas significantly impacted by bushfires to ensure support for young people aged 12 to 25.
Murray PHN has commissioned service providers to deliver coordinated, tailored support and specialised services to people affected by the 2019-20 bushfires. We are committed to planning beyond the initial recovery phase and working towards longer-term recovery and improved wellbeing of our communities across north east Victoria.
Services offered in neighbouring PHNs:
Page last updated 13 January 2022