COVID-19 and aged care
Older people are more at risk of contracting COVID-19 and experiencing serious illness. Aged care staff and managers along with families and friends of older people need to be vaccinated to protect these most vulnerable members of our communities.
Prevent and prepare for COVID-19 in residential aged care
Residential aged care providers need to remain alert and prepared for a potential outbreak of COVID-19 at their facilities. Click here for measures you should have in place to prevent and prepare for an outbreak.
Immediate outbreak response for providers of aged care
You must contact your state or territory public health unit immediately to report positive COVID-19 cases in either staff members or care recipients:
- New South Wales – 1300 066 055
- Victoria – 1300 651 160
You can also contact the Australian Government Department of Health at agedcareCOVIDcases@health.gov.au for assistance.
- Click here to visit Murray PHN's COVID-19 resources page for links to other resources such as infection control training and how to use surgical masks.
- Click here for vaccination resources and any enquiries related to workforce vaccination can be emailed through to COVAX@murrayphn.org.au
- Click here for local COVID referral pathways and resources, including aged residential care assessment and management.
- Click here for information on ordering Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Click here to visit the Australian Government's website to access resources such as Coronavirus (COVID-19) guidelines for outbreaks in residential care facilities.
- Click here to visit the Victorian Government's website to access resources such as the COVID-19 plan for the Victorian Aged Care sector and Care Plan for Suspected / Confirmed COVID-19 in aged care resident.
- Click here to visit NSW Health website to access resources such as Guidance for aged care facilities and a poster for aged care facilities.