COVID-19 assessment and respiratory clinics
If you suspect you may have coronavirus, you can call the dedicated hotline for advice on 1800 675 398 or attend a local testing clinic below. Note that not all hospitals and medical facilities possess the required equipment to test patients.
Symptoms that should prompt people to get tested are fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose and loss or change in sense of smell or taste. Even the most mild of symptoms could be a sign of coronavirus.
If you believe you have visited a public exposure site click here to view case location and outbreak information. Note that some testing clinic opening times may differ over the Easter period.
The Federal Government provided funding to establish 100 respiratory clinics across Australia. The respiratory clinics provide testing and care for people with mild to moderate symptoms. In the Murray PHN region you can get tested at:
- Bendigo respiratory clinic, run by St Anthony’s Family Medical Centre's Spring Gully Primary Health Clinic. Make an appointment online here or by calling 1800 573 196. Open Monday-Friday 9.30am-4.00pm.
- Mildura respiratory clinic, run by Sunraysia Community Health Services. Call 5021 7653 before attending. Open Monday-Friday 1-4pm.
- Shepparton respiratory clinic, run by Princess Park Clinic. Make an appointment online here or by calling 03 5821 9655. Open Monday-Friday (see website for hours).
- Wodonga respiratory clinic, run by Central Medical Group. Call 0260 672 437 before attending or book online.
- Swan Hill respiratory clinic, run by Swan Hill District Health. Make an appointment online here or call 03 5033 9300 if you have difficulties booking online. Open Monday-Friday 9.30am-1pm.
Victorian Government funded clinics:
- Albury Wodonga Health, Wodonga - Drive-through clinic at 69 Vermont Street, Mon-Fri 8.30am-4pm. No appointment required.
- Alexandra District Health - COVID testing is available 24 hours, 7 days per week. Call the Nurse in Charge on 0418 589 131 to arrange a test.
- Alpine Health: Bright - Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri and Sat 10.30-11.30am. Call 0429 399 328
- Alpine Health: Mt Beauty - Monday-Friday 2-3pm, weekends 11.30am-12.30pm. Call 03 5754 3500.
- Alpine Health: Myrtleford - Mon, Wed, Fri 2.30-3.30pm and 11.30am-12.30pm on weekends. Call 03 5751 9300.
- Benalla Health - Open 9.30am - 6pm Monday-Friday and Saturday and Sunday from 1.30-3.30pm. Call 03 5761 4284 before attending.
- Bendigo Health Stewart Street walk-in clinic and the drive-through testing at are both located in Stewart Street, in the old hospital Emergency Department. The clinics will be open every day from 10am-5.30pm.
- Boort District Health - Monday to Friday 12.30-1.30pm. Call 03 5451 5200 to make an appointment.
- CHIRP community health: Castlemaine - Tues, Thurs and Friday 10.30-11.30am by appointment. Call 03 5479 1000.
- East Wimmera Health Service: Birchip - Call 03 5477 7100.
- East Wimmera Health Service: Charlton - Call 03 5477 6800.
- East Wimmera Health Service: Donald - Call 03 5478 6200.
- East Wimmera Health Service: Wycheproof - Call 03 5478 0700.
- Echuca Regional Health - 9am - 4pm 7 days a week. Call 03 5485 5000.
- Goulburn Valley Health: Shepparton - Acute Respiratory Clinic at 2 Graham Street, Shepparton is open 8am-4pm seven days a week. Call 03 5832 2322.
- Inglewood and Districts Health Service - Monday to Friday 2.30-3.30pm. Call 03 54 317 000 to book.
- Kilmore District Health - Monday - Sunday 9am-4pm by appointment. Call 5734 2024 to book.
- Kyabram District Health Services - Open 2-3pm Monday-Friday via the gate next to Renal Dialysis.
- Kyneton Health - Monday to Friday 9am-4pm drive through the back entrance off Pettifer Street from Lake Road. Call 03 5422 9900
- Mansfield District Hospital - Open Monday-Friday 1-3pm by appointment. Call 0428 694 968 to book.
- NCN Health: Cobram - Monday to Friday 1.30-3.30pm Call 03 5871 0777 to make an appointment.
- NCN Health: Nathalia - Monday to Friday. Call 03 5866 9444 to make an appointment.
- NCN Health: Numurkah - drive-through open 9-10am Monday-Friday. Call 03 5862 0555 to make an appointment.
- Northeast Health Wangaratta - Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday 8am-12.30pm. Call 1800 324 942 before attending.
- Northern District Community Health: Kerang - Monday to Friday 9.30-10.30am. Call 03 5451 0200
- Robinvale District Health Services - car park testing 7 days a week 7am - 7pm by appointment. Call 03 5051 8111 before attending.
- Seymour Health - 9am-5pm Monday to Friday. Call 0436 345 573.
- Yarrawonga Health - 1.30-3pm seven days by appointment only. Drive through clinic located at their Administration Building on the corner of Lunch and Piper Streets. Call 03 5743 8111 to make an appointment.
- Yea & District Memorial Hospital - Monday to Friday 1.30-3.30pm by appointment. Call 0428 618 994
Note that some general practices are also providing assessment and testing options to their patients. We suggest phoning ahead to discuss what local options are available. For a complete map of Victorian assessment clinics click here.
Page last updated 29 March 2021.