COVID-19 assessment and respiratory clinics
In response to COVID-19, a number of assessment and respiratory clinics have been established. Note that not all hospitals and medical facilities possess the required equipment to test patients.
If you suspect you may have coronavirus, you can call the dedicated hotline for advice on 1800 675 398 or attend a local testing clinic. Please do not call 000, which is for emergencies only. Symptoms that should prompt people to get tested include fever, chills, shortness of breath, cough, sore throat, loss of sense of smell, or a runny nose. Even the most mild of symptoms could be a sign of coronavirus.
Click here to see a map of testing locations, or for further details see below:
The Federal Government has provided funding to establish 100 respiratory clinics across Australia. The purpose of respiratory clinics is to provide testing and care for people with mild to moderate symptoms. In the Murray PHN region you can get tested at:
- Bendigo respiratory clinic, run by St Anthony’s Family Medical Centre's Spring Gully Primary Health Clinic - Make an appointment online here or by calling 1800 573 196. Open Monday to Friday 10am-5pm.
- Mildura respiratory clinic, run by Sunraysia Community Health Services - Call 5021 7653 before attending. Open Monday to Friday 9am-12pm and 1-4pm.
- Shepparton respiratory clinic, run by Princess Park Medical Centre - Make an appointment online here or by calling 03 5821 9655. Open Monday to Friday 9am-12noon and 1pm–4pm.
- Wodonga respiratory clinic, run by Central Medical Group. Call 0260 672 437 before attending or book online.
- Swan Hill respiratory clinic, run by Swan Hill District Health - Make an appointment online here or call 03 5033 9300 if you have difficulties booking online. Open Monday to Friday 11am-4pm.
Victorian Government funded clinics:
- Albury Wodonga Health, Wodonga - Call 02 6058 4444 before attending.
- Benalla Health - Call 03 5761 4284 before attending. Open 9am - 3pm Monday to Friday
- Bendigo Health - Open daily 10am-5.30pm
- Echuca Regional Health - Open daily 9.30am - 6pm. For enquiries call 03 54 855 193
- Goulburn Valley Health, Shepparton - Open daily 10am - 6pm
- Kyabram District Health Services - call 03 5857 0200 before attending. Open 1.30-3.30pm Monday to Friday.
- Northern District Community Health - Open 9am to 12 noon, Monday to Friday. If eligible, testing can be arranged in: Boort, Cohuna, Kerang, Koondrook and Pyramid Hill. Call 5451 0200 before attending.
- North East Health Wangaratta - Call 1800 324 942 before attending
- Swan Hill District Health - Open Monday to Friday 11am-4pm
Testing information at ski-fields in the Murray PHN region:
- Mt Buller, (Mansfield District Hospital), Open 8.30am - 1.30pm. Call 03 5775 8800 between 7.30am - 4pm to make an appointment.
- Falls Creek, (Alpine Health), Open daily 11am -12pm. Call 5758 3238 to make an appointment.
- Mt Hotham, (Alpine Health), Open daily 11am -12pm. Call 5759 3551 to make an appointment.
Note that some general practices are also providing assessment and testing options to their patients. We suggest phoning ahead to discuss what local options are available. For a complete list of Victorian assessment clinics click here.
Page last updated 13 July 2020.