Murray PHN upcoming webinars
Please check our Events calendar for scheduled webinars.
Infection Control Toolbox webinar series
Recorded for Murray PHN, the Toolbox series was presented by Margaret Jennings, MARJEN Education Services, Microbiologist and Infection, Prevention and Control Consultant and Educator.
Recorded on 25 August 2020:
- Use of full PPE
- Use of masks in healthcare
- Alternatives to staff tea rooms
- Personal checks at the start of the day
- Cleaning tips
- Applying alcohol rub and using gloves
- Broad surface cleaning
Recorded on 15 October 2020:
- Environment control in general practice
- Staff organisation in general practice
- Patient organisation in general practice
As part of this series, a car cleaning protocol as also been developed. Click here to download.
Note: The information contained within the above toolbox webinar series was current at the time of presentation, however COVID-related information can rapidly change. In addition, videos on deep cleaning after a positive case and general practice COVID-19 normal cleaning as well as suggested protocols are available on MARJEN Education Services website
COVID-19 pathways for care
- Murray HealthPathways COVID-19 pathway | Telephone triage script, MBS items, practice preparation, appropriate PPE, medical risk factors.
External education resources
- The Australian Government holds regular webinars for health professionals, which can be accessed by clicking here
- The University of Melbourne has a second short course available primarily for clinicians in primary care and hospital-based settings. Secondary audiences include pharmacists, nursing and allied health staff, aged care workers, and disability care workers on communicating COVID-19: preparing Australian medical professionals to tackle challenging questions.
- LearnPRN is hosting online training on the Correct Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in Healthcare for $10 per person (for bulk discounts email email@example.com)
- COVID-19 Infection Control Training | Australian Government Department Of Health
- Rapid Upskilling in High Dependency & Critical Care for Registered Nurses | Surge Critical Care
- Responding to COVID-19: Real-time training for coronavirus disease outbreak | World Health Organisation
- Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) for Novel Coronavirus
- Operational Planning Guidelines and COVID-19 Partners Platform to Support Country Preparedness and Response
- 6 Ways to Protect Yourself from COVID-19
- Clinical Care Severe Acute Respiratory Infection
- Emerging Respiratory Viruses, Including COVID-19: Methods for Detection, Prevention, Response and Control
- RACGP | see state/territory specific information and education
- What you need to know about coronavirus (COVID-19) | APNA
- Sydney Children's Hospitals Network - COVID-19 in Children: Resources for Primary Care
Presentations and links contained on this page, or available via this website, are provided solely as a reference and do not constitute an endorsement by Murray PHN