Murray PHN upcoming webinars
- Infection Control Update for Residential Aged Care Facilities webinar | Thursday 6 August from 12.30–1.30pm. The webinar will be presented by Margaret Jennings, Microbiologist, Infection Prevention and Control Educator and Consultant.
Murray PHN recorded webinars
Note the infection control webinar is only available for viewing until 13 August 2020.
APS has also developed a wellbeing resource for staff and providers. The content is based on the main topics that were discussed in the above webinars, which includes managing stress/multiple demands, sleep and increased tension/conflicts.
- Providing mental health support during COVID-19: a webinar for GPs, practice nurses, practice managers, general practice staff, allied health and other health professionals, Presented by Fiona Pilkington, Perinatal Mental Health Clinician; Dr Michael Cowan, Psychiatrist (Child and Adolescent Mental Health); Dr Max Wellstead, Psychiatrist (Older Person’s Mental Health); Dr Lucie Shanahan, Executive Director Mental Health; Janet Chapman, Executive Director Regional Partnerships & Planning at Albury Wodonga Health (29 April recording)
- Guidelines for setting up telehealth and using it effectively, Presented by Jo Hughes, Video Call Service Manager, Healthdirect (31 March recording)
Murray PHN resources
- Armchair Medical | online access to lectures
- Murray HealthPathways COVID-19 pathway | Telephone triage script, MBS items, practice preparation, appropriate PPE, medical risk factors.
External education resources
- The Australian Government holds regular webinars for health professionals, which can be accessed by clicking here.
- The University of Melbourne have a short course suitable for all medical, nursing and paramedical staff involved in assessing the lungs as part of clinical care: Identify lung pathology in COVID-19 patients earlier than CXR. Use sterile plastic sheaths to prevent contamination of the portable ultrasound machine
- The University of Melbourne a second short course available primarily for clinicians in primary care and hospital-based settings. Secondary audiences include pharmacists, nursing and allied health staff, aged care workers, and disability care workers on communicating COVID-19: preparing Australian medical professionals to tackle challenging questions.
- LearnPRN is hosting online training on the Correct Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in Healthcare for $10 per person (for bulk discounts email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- COVID-19 and digital technology: The roles, relevance and risks of using telehealth in a crisis recording (Panel chair: Dr Norman Swan)
- COVID-19 Infection Control Training | Australian Government Department Of Health
- Rapid Upskilling in High Dependency & Critical Care for Registered Nurses | Surge Critical Care
- Responding to COVID-19: Real-time training for coronavirus disease outbreak| World Health Organisation
- Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) for Novel Coronavirus
- Operational Planning Guidelines and COVID-19 Partners Platform to Support Country Preparedness and Response
- 6 Ways to Protect Yourself from COVID-19
- Clinical Care Severe Acute Respiratory Infection
- Emerging Respiratory Viruses, Including COVID-19: Methods for Detection, Prevention, Response and Control
- RACGP | see state/territory specific information and education (RACGP Victoria, together with the Department of Health and Human Services Victoria are hosting weekly Coronavirus update webinars, every Monday evening, 6.00-7.00pm AEDT)
- What you need to know about coronavirus (COVID-19) | APNA
- COVID-19 BBV and STI Sector Briefing Webinar | Australian Society for HIV, Viral Hepatitis and Sexual Health Medicine (ASHM)
- COVID-19 coronavirus in Australia | ThinkGP
- Digital Health CRC webinars