Murray PHN upcoming webinars
Please check our Events calendar for scheduled webinars.
Infection prevention and control consultations
Murray PHN, in partnership with Margaret Jennings, Microbiologist, Infection Prevention and Control Educator, is providing general practices, residential aged care facilities and pharmacists in the Murray PHN region the opportunity to book a one-on-one infection prevention and control consultation.
The consultation may take the form of a phone call, mini audit of your current procedures and Q & A session with key staff or a quick question addressed by email, or competency checking for droplet and contact precautions. Click here to complete your expression of interest.
Infection Control Toolbox webinar series
Recorded for Murray PHN, the Toolbox series was presented by Margaret Jennings, MARJEN Education Services, Microbiologist and Infection, Prevention and Control Consultant and Educator.
Recorded on 25 August 2020:
- Use of full PPE
- Use of masks in healthcare
- Alternatives to staff tea rooms
- Personal checks at the start of the day
- Cleaning tips
- Applying alcohol rub and using gloves
- Broad surface cleaning
Recorded on 15 October 2020:
- Environment control in general practice
- Staff organisation in general practice
- Patient organisation in general practice
As part of this series, a car cleaning protocol as also been developed. Click here to download.
Note: The information contained within the above toolbox webinar series was current at the time of presentation, however COVID-related information can rapidly change. In addition, videos on deep cleaning after a positive case and general practice COVID-19 normal cleaning as well as suggested protocols are available on MARJEN Education Services website
Additional Murray PHN recorded webinars available for viewing:
APS has also developed a wellbeing resource for staff and providers. The content is based on the main topics that were discussed in the above webinars, which includes managing stress/multiple demands, sleep and increased tension/conflicts.
- Providing mental health support during COVID-19: a webinar for GPs, practice nurses, practice managers, general practice staff, allied health and other health professionals, Presented by Fiona Pilkington, Perinatal Mental Health Clinician; Dr Michael Cowan, Psychiatrist (Child and Adolescent Mental Health); Dr Max Wellstead, Psychiatrist (Older Person’s Mental Health); Dr Lucie Shanahan, Executive Director Mental Health; Janet Chapman, Executive Director Regional Partnerships & Planning at Albury Wodonga Health (29 April recording)
- Guidelines for setting up telehealth and using it effectively, Presented by Jo Hughes, Video Call Service Manager, Healthdirect (31 March recording)
Murray PHN resources
- Armchair Medical | online access to lectures
- Murray HealthPathways COVID-19 pathway | Telephone triage script, MBS items, practice preparation, appropriate PPE, medical risk factors.
External education resources
- The Australian Government holds regular webinars for health professionals, which can be accessed by clicking here.
- The University of Melbourne has a short course suitable for all medical, nursing and paramedical staff involved in assessing the lungs as part of clinical care: Identify lung pathology in COVID-19 patients earlier than CXR. Use sterile plastic sheaths to prevent contamination of the portable ultrasound machine
- The University of Melbourne has a second short course available primarily for clinicians in primary care and hospital-based settings. Secondary audiences include pharmacists, nursing and allied health staff, aged care workers, and disability care workers on communicating COVID-19: preparing Australian medical professionals to tackle challenging questions.
- LearnPRN is hosting online training on the Correct Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in Healthcare for $10 per person (for bulk discounts email email@example.com)
- COVID-19 and digital technology: The roles, relevance and risks of using telehealth in a crisis recording (Panel chair: Dr Norman Swan)
- COVID-19 Infection Control Training | Australian Government Department Of Health
- Rapid Upskilling in High Dependency & Critical Care for Registered Nurses | Surge Critical Care
- Responding to COVID-19: Real-time training for coronavirus disease outbreak| World Health Organisation
- Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) for Novel Coronavirus
- Operational Planning Guidelines and COVID-19 Partners Platform to Support Country Preparedness and Response
- 6 Ways to Protect Yourself from COVID-19
- Clinical Care Severe Acute Respiratory Infection
- Emerging Respiratory Viruses, Including COVID-19: Methods for Detection, Prevention, Response and Control
- RACGP | see state/territory specific information and education (RACGP Victoria, together with the Department of Health and Human Services Victoria are hosting weekly Coronavirus update webinars, every Monday evening, 6.00-7.00pm AEDT)
- What you need to know about coronavirus (COVID-19) | APNA
- COVID-19 BBV and STI Sector Briefing Webinar | Australian Society for HIV, Viral Hepatitis and Sexual Health Medicine (ASHM)
- COVID-19 coronavirus in Australia | ThinkGP
- Digital Health CRC webinars