Note due to the rapidly changing situation, some resources are being updated frequently, therefore it's always best to check the sources for the most up-to-date information. For Victorian Government-related materials, check their website here.
Victorian health services – Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations, general practice and pharmacy - can now access a free infection prevention helpline to help them keep their patients and staff safe.
The helpline is manned by registered nurses from the Australian Primary Health Nurses Association, and is available by calling 1800 312 968 between 9am-5pm weekdays, Click here for more details.
- Margaret Jennings, Microbiologist and Infection Prevention and Control Consultant and Educator has developed a checklist clinic staff behaviour - quick check in exposing obvious risk of transmission for COVID-19
- WHO Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) for Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) free online course
- Department of Health COVID-19 infection control training
- Therapeutic Goods Administration: Appropriate use of disinfectants: Information for consumers, health professionals and healthcare facilities
- Environmental cleaning and disinfection principles for COVID-19
- Video: infection control using PPE
- How to put on and fit check a P2 respirator/mask
- How to fit a surgical mask
- How to fit a P2/N95 respirator mask
- How to put on your PPE
- How to take off your PPE
- Infection control advice for the use of non-disposable gowns
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) – ICEG guidelines on cleaning and disinfection of face shields - 3 August
- Victorian handling the body of a deceased person with suspected or confirmed COVID-19
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Buyers Guide | COVID-19
- Murray PHN has launched a dedicated online GP forum for general practitioners in our catchment to collaborate and discuss their professional work - click here to submit a request for approval.
- Financial assistance for practices
- RACGP risk stratification tool for general practice
- Practice Incentive Program Quality Improvement (PIP QI) incentive
- RACGP is currently holding weekly COVID-19 webinars in conjunction with DHHS - click here to register
- RACGP has Facebook faculty groups for connecting and sharing information.
- PenCS has put together some resources such as finding high-risk patients for COVID-19 in CAT4 and how to monitor positive patients.
- Emergency management and recovery plan template
- The Pharmacy Guild has created posters and social media graphics
- PSA has developed a COVID-19: Your questions answered page. They are also holding webinars
- Register for Australia Post's Pharmacy Home Delivery service
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and remote communities
- Management Plan for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Populations
- NACCHO has COVID-19 Resources for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities including posters, social media resources and sector links
- DoH COVID-19 videos, poster, digital resources and radio audio
- DHHS has developed some resources including ensuring cultural safety, physical distancing activities and business continuity tool
Do you have any questions or suggestions for DHHS? You can send an email to email@example.com with ‘Clinician FAQ’ in the subject line and they will add them to the website under FAQs for clinicians.
Last updated 23 June 2021