COVID-19 MBS items and telehealth
Telehealth is an additional aid to improving patient outcomes and during lockdowns, continuing patient care without requiring face-to-face visits.
Telehealth benefits both health care providers and patients, with improved continuity and quality of care and reduced waiting times, supporting faster diagnosis and appropriate treatment.
For health care professionals, telehealth can reduce expenses, increase patient reach due to fewer location and travel barriers, and provide flexibility with work scheduled to suit lifestyle factors.
- To learn more about how your practice can integrate health direct video call into primary health care services during COVID-19, click here.
- Click here for information on COVID-19 Temporary MBS Telehealth Services.
- GPs can click here to access guides, templates and factsheets via RACGP.
- Murray HealthPathways: Guide to MBS Items and Telehealth
- If you need telehealth support, email email@example.com
Electronic prescribing provides an option for prescribers and their patients to use an electronic Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS) prescription. Click here to learn more about ‘why’ and ‘how’ to use electronic prescriptions and access professional development.
Last updated 26/7/2021