Information for community
New restrictions for Victoria will come into effect at 11.59pm on 27 July 2021. Anyone 12 years and over must wear a fitted face mask whenever they leave their home, indoors or outdoors, unless a lawful exception applies. This includes for:
- shopping for necessary goods and services, care and caregiving, exercise, authorised work or permitted study, or to get COVID-19 vaccinated
- riding public transport or taking a taxi or rideshare service for one of the permitted reasons.
Note face masks do not need to be worn indoors or outdoors if you are working alone, and you do not need to wear a face mask when exercising if you are out of breath or puffing. You must however carry a face mask with you at all times unless you have a lawful reason not to.
Click here to read more about face mask rules in Victoria.
Community members can purchase or make their own masks and some vulnerable groups may be eligible to collect masks from their local government office, community health centre or pharmacy.
- How to safely wear a face covering video
- Exceptions for not wearing a face covering
- Instructions for how to make a cloth mask
Information for health professionals
- Victorian guidelines
- NSW guidelines
- How to put on and fit check a P2 respirator/mask
- How to fit a surgical mask
Order masks and other PPE for clinical use
General practice, Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation (ACCHOs), pharmacy and allied health professionals can order PPE from Murray PHN for COVID testing. PPE includes masks, respirators, goggles and disposable examination gowns.
- Residential aged care providers can request PPE by emailing agedcareCOVIDPPE@health.gov.au
- NDIS service providers can request PPE by emailing: NDISCOVIDPPE@health.gov.au
Page last updated 26 July