Endometriosis and Pelvic Pain GP Clinics EOI
The 2022-23 Commonwealth Budget committed $16.4m over four years to support the establishment of targeted Endometriosis and Pelvic Pain GP Clinics in primary care settings.
On behalf of the Department of Health and Aged Care, Murray PHN is now inviting expressions of interest (EOIs) from general practices, including those within a community health setting and Aboriginal and Community Controlled Health Organisations.
General practices that currently deliver services focused on women’s health are strongly encouraged to apply.
Clinic objectives include:
- Improved access for patients to diagnostic, treatment and referral services for endometriosis and pelvic pain.
- Provision of access to new information, support resources, care pathways and networks.
- Provision of an appropriately trained workforce with expertise in endometriosis and pelvic pain.
- Directly benefiting patients from rural and regional areas.
- Providing enhanced support to priority populations.
- Increased access to support services, either through a nurse navigator or referral pathway.
At least one clinic will be established in each state and territory, with a minimum of 16 clinics to be supported. PHNs have been instructed to review each EOI against criteria and submit nominations for a maximum of three practices.
Funding of up to $200,000 each year, over four years will be provided following a Department of Health and Aged Care assessment and selection process. The funding may be used for a wide range of services including to advanced training qualifications, further study, additional practice staff (e.g. allied health, nurse navigators), enhanced referral pathways with local providers, equipment purchase.
Expressions of interest timeline
- Click here to complete the EOI by 5pm Tuesday, 6 December 2022
- Murray PHN will provide the nominations to the Department for review on 9 December 2022
- The Department will review and announce successful general practices by December 30 2022
- Services are to commence by February 2023
For more information, email: email@example.com
Page last updated 17/11/2022