- This event has passed.
Acute knee, foot and ankle injuries in Primary Care | Wallan
September 4, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 9:30 pmFree
The aim of this activity is to assist GPs in the assessment and treatment of acute knee, foot and ankle injuries. This workshop will identify patients with unstable injuries and patients requiring surgical management.
- Evaluate common knee, foot and ankle injuries
- Apply early management of injuries to improve outcome
- Request and interpret relevant medical imaging, including indications for x-ray, ultrasound and MRI
- Coordinate treatment with allied health professionals including physiotherapy and orthotist
- Detect indications for surgical treatment and referral to orthopaedic surgeon