- This event has passed.
Antenatal and maternity related care in general practice | Wangaratta
October 30 @ 5:45 pm - 9:00 pmFree
Provides general practitioners, midwives and other health professionals with an understanding of the maternity care schedule and processes that ensure women are provided with the best possible pregnancy journey.
General practitioners who intend to provide antenatal care and GP Shared Care for women who are pregnant and will be referring to Northeast Health Wangaratta for maternity and obstetric services are encouraged to attend. Information about becoming a Credentialed Shared Care provider with Northeast Health Wangaratta will be provided on the evening.
- List key screening requirements for first tests antenatal, ultrasound and first trimester screening
- Describe responses to decreased fetal movements, fetal growth and growth restriction and maternal sleeping position
- List healthy lifestyles with specific consideration to healthy weight during pregnancy and dietary requirements
- Outline what to look for and local services available to increase screening and awareness for perinatal mental health
- Describe the importance of preparing and supporting women to breastfeed during the antenatal and postnatal period.