Applied suicide intervention skills training (ASIST) | Mildura
August 22 @ 9:30 am - August 23 @ 5:30 pmFree
ASIST is founded on the principle that everyone can make a difference in preventing suicide. The more people who have suicide intervention training, the more likely it is they will be able to identify someone at risk and intervene to keep them safe. This training is for community members who are aged 16 years and older, and health professionals.
During the two-day workshop, ASIST participants will learn to:
- Understand the ways personal and societal attitudes affect views on suicide and interventions
- Provide guidance and suicide first-aid to a person at risk in ways that meet their individual safety needs
- Identify the key elements of an effective suicide safety plan and the actions required to implement it
- Appreciate the value of improving and integrating suicide prevention resources in the community
- Recognise other important aspects of suicide prevention including life-promotion and self-care.
Click here to register.
Click here for a flyer.