- This event has passed.
Cardiovascular Disease Prevention Workshop | Online
February 23 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pmFree
This interactive virtual workshop, delivered by the Heart Foundation in collaboration with Murray PHN, includes presentations by a specialist and general practitioner followed by live Q&A with a panel.
It is designed to equip attendees with a tailored approach to cardiovascular risk reduction and:
- the latest clinical risk assessment recommendations that incorporate new evidence on risk factors, imaging and biomarkers
- practical advice for the application of Heart Health Checks, including available resources for the general practice team
- guidance on the management of high blood pressure and cholesterol, nutrition and other lifestyle support strategies
- knowledge of local referral pathways for risk factor management and review, including the Life program
- confidence to design and deliver quality improvement activities that leverage national and local incentives for ease of implementation.
Facilitator: Saloni Shah, Senior Project Officer, Heart Foundation
- Dr David Di Fiore is an Interventional and Pacing Cardiologist based in Albury, with appointments at Albury Wodonga Health and Albury Wodonga Private Hospital. He sees the full spectrum of cardiac patients, with experience in regional and rural settings and the challenges that are uniquely faced in those settings. His passion is to provide cardiac services that are readily accessible to patients to achieve the best outcomes possible and enable care closer to their home environment.
- Dr Christie Rodda is a rural GP in Beechworth in Northeast Victoria. She is a supervisor of medical students and registrars, former HealthPathways editor and passionate advocate for the role of general practice in the health system.
- Sue Keane, Quality Improvement Consultant, Murray PHN.
This activity has been accredited by the RACGP for 1.5 Educational Activity CPD hours (activity no. 416743). Education provider: Scius Healthcare Solutions.
Click here to register