- This event has passed.
Caring for patients with cancer: Cancer supportive care GPMP and MBS | Webinar
July 22 @ 12:30 pm - 1:15 pmFree
General practitioners, practice nurses, practice managers, allied health and other health professionals are invited to attend a three-part webinar series about care for patients who have had a cancer diagnosis, are currently undergoing treatment or have completed treatment.
Hosted by Murray PHN, together with Western Victoria PHN, session one of the series will cover:
- Survivorship and supportive care needs of patients living with cancer
- What is good supportive care for patients living with cancer
- How to use a cancer supportive care General Practitioner Management Plan (GPMP)
- MBS and provision of cancer supportive care in the primary care setting.
- Identify the importance of offering cancer supportive care in the primary care setting
- Explain MBS items that can be used in primary care to provide cancer supportive care.
- Sue Spencer, Cancer Shared Care Lead | Murray PHN: Sue has worked in various roles in the health sector, including working with Loddon Mallee Integrated Cancer Services and assisted in the establishment of the Breast Cancer Survivorship Service at Bendigo Health Cancer Centre.
- Kim Poyner, Founder and Director | MediCoach: Kim has an extensive history working with medical centres and PHNs to train medical professionals in chronic disease management and quality improvement strategies. Kim regularly presents at national conferences as a keynote speaker on change management, team-based care, coaching, chronic disease management, MBS and care coordination.
Click here to learn more and RSVP.
Related HealthPathways: Oncology