- This event has passed.
Conservative and surgical management of hip pain | Webinar
August 26 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pmFree
This webinar focuses on the optimal conservative management of hip pain as well as advances in surgical treatment including hip replacement.
Mr Daevyd Rodda is an orthopaedic surgeon widely regarded for Anterior Minimally Invasive Total Hip Replacement Surgery. Dr Rodda also has an interest in all aspects of hip and knee surgery, sporting and general orthopaedic trauma.
Clinical Professor Leanne Rowe AM is a GP and past Chairman of the RACGP. She co-authored “Every Doctor: Healthier Doctors = Healthier Patients” with Professor Michael Kidd AM (everydoctor.org). She is also the current Chairman of Nexus Hospitals and serves on the board of the Medical Indemnity Protection Society (MIPS).
- The important features of patient history and physical examination of the hip joint
- Pitfalls of medical imaging
- Conservative management including optimal physiotherapy and judicious use of pain medication
- Effective “prehab” prior to surgical intervention
- Specialist referral and Murray HealthPathways for musculoskeletal pain at a time when elective surgery is restricted during the pandemic
- Advances in surgical management of hip pain including rapid hospital discharge following minimally invasive anterior and posterior approaches
- The GP role pre and post operatively
Target audience: GPs, practice nurses, physiotherapists
Click here to RSVP by 5:00pm, Wednesday 26 August