- This event has passed.
COPD webinar 1: Who really has COPD?
May 9, 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pmFree
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease is a common condition and the second highest cause of avoidable hospital admissions, with exacerbations spiking throughout the winter months. ACRRM, Lung Foundation Australia and Murray PHN are pleased to bring you instalment one of a three part webinar series about COPD identification and management for general practitioners in regional and rural settings.
In this webinar General Practitioner and Chair of the RACGP Respiratory Specific Interest Group, Dr. Kerry Hancock and Lung Foundation Australia's Judy Powell will be presenting on approaches to identifying patients with COPD early and interpreting spirometry to make a diagnosis.
In this 90 minute webinar your will learn how to:
- implement a COPD risk assessment using a standard checklist
- recognise the value of using a COPD screening device to identify those at higher risk of COPD
- outline the role of spirometry to confirm a diagnosis of COPD
- describe the elements of a valid spirometry test
- review and interpret spirometry results.