- This event has passed.
COPD webinar 2: Right medicine, right time and in the right way
May 30, 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease is a common condition and the second highest cause of avoidable hospital admissions, with exacerbations spiking throughout the winter months. ACRRM, Lung Foundation Australia and Murray PHN are please to bring you instalment two of a three part webinar series about COPD identification and management for general practitioners in regional and rural settings.
In this webinar Respiratory Physician and Chair of the COPD National Program, Professor Christine McDonald and Clinical Nurse Consultant Mary Roberts will explore the multitude of inhaler medicines available for patients with COPD and answer questions on which medicine should be used with which patient?
In this 90 minute webinar you will learn how to:
- describe classes of medicines for the management of COPD
- outline recommendations for the introduction of medicines as COPD increases in disease severity
- review and correct inhaler device technique
- identify potential problems in using respiratory inhaler devices
- incorporate inhaler device technique education into patient reviews
Watch the recording of Webinar 1: Who really has COPD? here.