- This event has passed.
COPD webinar 3: Keeping patients out of hospital
June 13, 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pmFree
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease is a common condition and the second highest cause of avoidable hospital admissions, with exacerbations spiking throughout the winter months. ACRRM, Lung Foundation Australia and Murray PHN are please to bring you instalment three of a three part webinar series about COPD identification and management for general practitioners in regional and rural settings.
In this webinar Respiratory Physician and Chair of the COPD Guidelines Committee, Professor Ian Yang and General Practitioner Professor Amanda Barnard will be presenting on evidence-based non-pharmacotherapy management options for people with COPD and managing exacerbations of COPD to keep patients out of hospital.
In this 90 minute webinar you will learn how to:
- identify non-pharmacotherapy interventions to manage patients with COPD to optimise function and prevent deterioration
- outline some practical tips for working with patients with COPD
- write a COPD Action Plan and integrate into medical software
- manage an acute exacerbation of COPD using an algorithm
- establish a system for review post exacerbation
Watch the recording of Webinar 1: Who really has COPD? here.