- This event has passed.
COVID-19 Vaccination Program – update for vaccine providers | Online
March 30 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pmFree
Audience: GPs, nurse immunisers, practice nurses, practice managers and pharmacists
Presenter: Dr Peter Eizenberg, Director, Doctors of Ivanhoe; Member, AusVaxSafety Advisory Committee, NCIRS; Member, Immunisation Coalition SAC; Member, Influenza Specialist Group; Former Executive Director, North East Valley Division of General Practice
- COVID-19 state of play: What we know, what we don’t know, what we expect to know
- COVID-19 EPI update Jan 2021: Global, national and state level
- 2021 Australian COVID-19 Vaccination Program: National strategy and local implications
- COVID-19 vaccines detailed: Other vaccines of relevance to COVID-19 vaccination program including 2021 Seasonal Influenza Vaccine; FluCelVax; Pnemococcal; Zoster Vaccine
- Practical issues for COVID-19 vaccination in general practice: including Cold Chain; MDVs; 2-dose schedule; running vaccine clinics during pandemic; co-administration with SIV &/or other vaccines; AIR & how to use, update and identify dose 1 received.
- Explain vaccine efficacy and effectiveness and safety
- Summarise the Australian COVID-19 Vaccination Program's national strategy and implications
- Identify practical issues for COVID-19 vaccination in general practice.
HealthPathways related to this CPD include:
- Adverse Events Following Immunisation (AEFIs)
- Vaccine Supply, Storage and Cold Chain Breaches.
Note that you must be registered and logged in to access the above pathways. To request access, click here.