Dementia Demystified: Session 1 – Reframing and recognising dementia in general practice | Online (Cancelled)
June 21 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
One event on June 21, 2023 at 7:00 pm
Please note that this event has now been cancelled.
The Dementia Demystified two-part webinar series offers a practical and stepwise approach to improving knowledge, skills and confidence in recognising, diagnosing and managing dementia in the primary health care setting. Although it is most relevant to GPs, practice nurses and nurse practitioners in the general practice setting, it is also inclusive of other allied health professionals in the primary care setting.
Session 1: Reframing and recognising dementia in general practice
Speakers: Dementia Training Australia, Lead GP Educators: Dr Stephanie Daly, Dr Hilton Koppe and Dr Marita Long.
This session will look at and practice using the frameworks to support the diagnosis of dementia, including the domains and stages of dementia, inclusion and exclusion criteria. Participants will also learn about the importance of collaboration and different cognitive assessment tools.
- Recognise features other than memory loss in people with dementia by applying the Domains Framework
- Apply the Inclusion and Exclusion Criteria Framework in assessing patients for a possible diagnosis of Alzheimer’s Dementia
- Implement a stepwise approach to taking a history from a person with possible dementia, including a collaborative history from their family/carer
- Understand the place of cognitive assessment tools as part of the assessment of a person with possible dementia
- Implement an evidence-based approach to examinations and investigations for a person with possible dementia.