- This event has passed.
Eating Disorders Clinical Update for Primary Care and panel discussion | Online
March 16 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pmFree
GPs and their practice teams have a significant role to play in responding to and caring for patients who are at risk of or are experiencing an eating disorder.
Join Gippsland PHN for an interactive educational webinar that aims to equip GPs with the foundational knowledge and skills needed to understand, identify and assess eating disorders in primary care.
The webinar will include an introduction to eating disorder identification and initial response, a panel discussion with eating disorder professionals and service providers with a Q&A informed by the attendees.
- Describe the overlapping nature of eating disorders and the prevalence of atypical presentations
- Identify the risk factors and warning signs associated with eating disorders
- Determine if a patient may be at risk of an
eating disorder using appropriate screening and assessment tools
- Determine the appropriate services and systems suitable for a patient in the treatment of eating disorders
- Become familiar with MBS items and recent changes for eating disorder services.
Click here to register.