- This event has passed.
HealthChange® Methodology: Patient Engagement Skills Workshops – Albury
June 16 @ 8:45 am - 3:30 pm
This course is for allied health, practice nurses and other primary healthcare professionals of chronic disease management the Murray PHN region.
The course provides a foundation from which to build knowledge and skills to use HealthChange® Methodology. It offers the opportunity to discuss and gain clarity around how to respond to common challenging patient situations and conversations.
Benefits for participants include improved time efficiency, more successful patient engagement and more effective health literacy delivery impacting on behaviour.
After completing HealthChange® Methodology: Patient Engagement Skills (face-to-face or online) participants should be able to:
- State the key elements of the HealthChange® Behaviour Change Pathway and its relevance to their work.
- Use the RICk Principle and related skills to decide where a client is located on the HealthChange® Behaviour Change Pathway.
- Describe the four HealthChange® categories of barriers and facilitators for client behaviour change.
- Understand how a client-centred approach can be operationalised with reference to the HealthChange® Practice Principles.
- Describe Essential Behaviour Change Techniques that can be used to identify and address client barriers to action.
- Discuss key questions above and below the decision line in the HealthChange® Consultation Framework that can be used to guide health service providers.
Click here to register.
Can’t make to a face-to-face event? Register your interest here to participate in eight hours of online self-directed learning. Limited places available. EOIs close Friday 19 June or when all places are filled (whichever is earliest). This opportunity is open to allied health and other primary health care professionals in the Murray PHN region.
Once you have registered for a foundation workshop you must enrol in part 2 - Workplace Application Teleconference Series. Click here to learn more and register.