- This event has passed.
Heart failure management forum | Bendigo
September 18, 2018 @ 5:45 pm - 9:00 pmFree
The aim of this forum is to provide a Cardiologist led opportunity, for general practice clinical workforces to be guided by current best practice evidence and guidelines to prevent, detect and manage precipitating factors for heart failure across rural communities, including for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Identify potential factors precipitating chronic heart failure (CHF) using an audit of relevant patient records.
- Describe the identification process for managing factors that precipitate CHF, particularly in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Understand what an Echocardiograph shows [ejection fraction] as a diagnostic tool and how this information can be utilised for informing the GP management care plan.
- Given access issues such as cultural safety and funding negatively impact Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people attending practices, identify what practices can do to address this.
- Review medications prescribed in consultation with a Cardiologist to determine if ACEI Beta Blockers and diuretics are at highest recommended dose.
Click here here for more details on the flyer
Register on Eventbrite by Thursday 13 September.