- This event has passed.
Hepatitis C | A new dawn in treatment
June 8, 2016 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
This session will discuss the implications for ground breaking new interferon-free treatments that cure hepatitis C in over 90% of patients and were listed on the PBS in March this year. All health professionals working with people who live with hepatitis C are encouraged to attend.
The discussion panel includes:
- Dr Saira Baloch | GP at Bendigo and District Aboriginal Co-operative
- Lee Kennedy | Nurse practitioner from Youth Support and Advocacy Service (YSAS) Bendigo
- Mr Les Fisher | General Physician and Gastroenterologist
- Judy Lamb and Louise Holland | Clinical Nurse Consultants at Bendigo Health Infectious Diseases Service
- Dr Andy Cope | GP at Creek Street Medical Practice
This event is being run in partnership with St Vincent's Hospital Melbourne. Gabrielle Bennett, Victorian Viral Hepatitis Educator from St Vincent's will be facilitating the session.