- This event has passed.
Hepatitis C New Treatments: Primary Care at the Frontline
November 23, 2016 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pmFree
Ground breaking new interferon-free treatments that cure hepatitis C in over 90% of patients were listed on the PBS in March this year. This event will:
- Outline the global and national impact of hepatitis C on the public health of communities.
- Discuss transmission, testing and management of hepatitis C.
- Assess the suitability of the new DAAs for your patients based on side effects, drug interactions and precautions.
- Detail the monitoring requirements for people with hepatitis C.
- Understand the new guidelines in relation to section 85 and how to remotely consult with specialists when initiating hepatitis C treatment.
- Be aware of local services/ alternative models that can support and treat people with hepatitis C.