- This event has passed.
Immunisation Snapshot | Albury
September 19, 2018 @ 5:00 pm - 7:30 pmFree
Dr Jenny Royle (Immunisation Paediatrician) will be sharing information on a variety of topics, including:
- Understanding the timing of conjugate vaccines in the new childhood schedule (Hib, Pneumococcal, Meningococcal-ACWY)
- Optimising the prevention of Pertussis
- Immunisations in pregnancy
- Meningococcal B vaccine
- HPV 9 vaccine
- Varicella and zoster vaccines
- Influenza vaccine for children 6 months to 5 years
Recent cases for discussion:
- Anaphylaxis- immediate vaccine adverse event in a 2 year old at ‘NEST’ Family Clinic Elsternwick
- Meningococcal disease- the difficulty in making an early diagnosis
Dr Royle will be available from 5pm to answer individual questions before the session begins at 5:30pm.
Dr Jenny Royle is a Community Immunisation Paediatrician based in Melbourne at ‘NEST’ Family Clinic Elsternwick.
Dr. Royle is also currently continuing her research interests working within a multicentre NHMRC Centre of Research Excellence (CRE) in Population Health Research. ‘Immunisation in Understudied and Special Risk Populations: closing the gap in knowledge through a multidisciplinary approach’. She is a member of the ‘Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander vaccination needs’ stream of the CRE. Her contribution to the CRE research group is a project looking at the identification of culturally sensitive approaches to improve immunisation coverage and timeliness of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and their families.
Click here to register.