- This event has passed.
Infection control update for residential aged care facilities | Webinar
August 27 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pmFree
Presenter: Margaret Jennings, Microbiologist, Infection Prevention and Control Educator and Consultant
- About SARS-2-CoV the virus and COVID-19 the infection – targeting throat, eyes and lungs. Emerging symptoms to add to the list and some nasty surprises with after effects.
- Transmission – how this virus finds you. The evidence for droplet transmission – explaining droplets. When does airborne transmission become an issue.
- What measures do I take at work to reduce risk to other staff and residents?
- Tips with hand hygiene and hand care
- Tips with cleaning and correct disinfection
- PPE – correct use from type of mask to eye
- The isolation room, food, laundry etc.
- When are we at our most infectious? What is presymptomatic and asymptomatic?
- What are the trends in Vic and NSW and treatment updates as of mid-August?
- When do my residents need to go to hospital?
- When is someone cleared? How long do residents require isolation for? How can I contain a facility in readiness?
Click here to RSVP by 11.00am, Thursday 27 August