- This event has passed.
Infection Control Update for Residential Aged Care Facilities | Webinar
August 6, 2020 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pmFree
Presenter: Margaret Jennings, Microbiologist, Infection Prevention & Control Educator and Consultant to General Practice
- About SARS-2-CoV the virus and COVID-19 the infection - what we know about transmission and our habits that contribute to this?
- What measures do I take at work to reduce risk to other staff and residents?
- What further symptoms have been added over the past four months? What are we finding are the after effects of this illness?
- What is droplet and contact transmission and when does airborne transmission become a possibility?
- What does isolation and quarantine mean? What is self isolation? When do I get tested?
- How does alcohol-based hand rub/sanitiser work and which is better – washing with soap or using sanitiser?
- How hard is it to inactivate the virus?
- How long does the virus remain infective on surfaces - what surfaces do I clean frequently, with what, how and how often?
- See MARJEN Education Services website for how to correctly perform hand hygiene with alcohol. How to correctly remove masks. How to correctly use a surgical mask. http://www.marjenes.com.au/articles_and_posters.html
- How to correctly put on your PPE before entering an isolation room and correctly removing it before you leave
- Do we need disposable cutlery and how do we arrange for food delivery/tray collection for washing?
- Do I need to do anything differently in the laundry?
- Who is most infectious, what is presymptomatic and asymptomatic and are you infectious before symptoms?
- What is the latest on treatment as of mid-July?
- When do my residents need to go to hospital?
- When is someone cleared? How long do residents require isolation for? How can I contain a facility in readiness?
Click here to RSVP by 11am, Thursday 6 August