- This event has passed.
Instrument reprocessing in general practice | Webinar series | Session one – cleaning
June 9, 2022 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pmFree
Margaret Jennings, Microbiologist and Infection Prevention & Control Educator/Consultant to Office Based Practice, Community Health & Aged Care will present this webinar for practice nurses, practice managers, general practitioners and other health professionals.
- Levels of processing required and indications for single or reuse
- Assessment of reprocessing area for suitability - requirements
- Workflow, sink(s), PPE requirement and use, materials required, cleaning of area and reducing splash, HepB
- Treatment area for removal of sharps, initial treatment and safe transfer to reprocessing area
- Cleaning and rinsing of instruments, drying and safe storage if not proceeding immediately to sterilisation
HealthPathways related to this event:
Click here to register or here for session two on 17 June.