Long COVID in general practice and new statewide referral criteria update | Online
October 5 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pmFree
New statewide referral criteria for advice on the management of long COVID came into effect on 1 July 2023. This session will provide an update on the criteria and help increase understanding of long COVID and how best to support patients.
- Dr Bernard Shiu, director of Geelong Long COVID Clinic and clinical director of Banksia Medical Centre. Bernard also holds a senior clinical lecturer position at Deakin University and the University of Notre Dame Australia and is a member of the National Clinical Evidence Taskforce.
- Dr Kate Graham, GP at Lister House Medical Clinic in Natimuk, Western Victoria PHN COVID-19 and public health clinical advisor and lead clinical editor for the VicTas suite of COVID-19 HealthPathways.
- Dr Shumaila Panhwar, GP at Turn the Corner Medical Clinic in Northcote and clinical editor at HealthPathways Melbourne.
- Describe the causes of long COVID, its symptoms, and how best to manage it.
- Describe the general practice role in managing long COVID.
- Identify whether a long COVID patient can be managed in general practice or needs to be referred according to the new state referral criteria.
Click here for more information and to register.