- This event has passed.
Long COVID symptoms and management | Webinar
May 27, 2021 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pmFree
While the impact of the COVID pandemic is yet to be fully realised, significant research and collaboration has been undertaken around the world, to better understand the symptoms and management of patients with 'Long COVID'.
Murray PHN is pleased to announce a new webinar for primary health clinicians on Long COVID Symptoms – what is known so far and guidance for the future.
The webinar will be facilitated by Dr Norman Swan and feature international presenters from UK's Royal College of General Practitioners and the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence, alongside Australia's National COVID-19 Clinical Evidence Taskforce.
Murray PHN Medical Advisor and local GP Dr Ewa Piejko will also share her local experiences from working at Bendigo's GP Respiratory Clinic.
- Identify medical conditions associated with long COVID symptoms
- Define strategies to support patients with long COVID symptoms.
Dr Justine Karpusheff, Associate Director of the COVID-19 Guidance Team, National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), United Kingdom
- Post COVID-19 Syndrome – Conditions and what is known so far?
- Development of NICE Clinical guidelines relating to post COVID
Dr Gail Allsopp, Clinical Lead for Clinical Policy, Royal College of General Practitioners, United Kingdom
- Supporting patients with post COVID- 19 syndrome in primary care and multidisciplinary assessment centres: the UK Experience
Dr Samantha Chakraborty, Senior Evidence Officer, National COVID-19 Clinical Evidence Taskforce, Australia
- Establishment of the National COVID-19 Clinical Evidence Taskforce – Role and function
- Working with NICE – international collaborations
- Care of people with symptoms post acute COVID-19