- This event has passed.
Medical Treatment Planning and Decisions Act 2016 | Swan Hill
June 27, 2018 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pmFree
This information evening is aimed at GPs, practice nurses and allied staff to inform you about the implications of the MTPD Act 2016 which commenced on the 12th March 2018. The MTPD Act will ensure medical decision making is more in line with contemporary views and is more consistent with how people make decisions about their medical treatment and personal autonomy.
Areas to be covered include:
- The role of the law in Advance Care Planning
- Key changes to Advance Care Directives, including the introduction of new legally binding instructional directives and values directives
- New documentation and your role in developing and implementing it
- Key impacts for clinical practice
- Key changes to medical treatment decision making, particularly in relation to substitute decision-making for people without capacity
- New responsibilities for health practitioners