- This event has passed.
Optimal Cancer Survivorship Care Practice Placement | Echuca
August 22, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
One event on September 5, 2018 at 1:00 pm
One event on September 19, 2018 at 1:00 pm
A cancer survivorship project is currently underway within central Victoria. One of the project aims, is to improve links between primary care health professionals and hospital based oncology teams. To help achieve this, Murray PHN is funding one-on-one placements within rural health services, for general practitioners and practice nurses who are caring for cancer survivors in Gannawarra, Buloke, Campaspe and Loddon shires.
- Better understanding of the types of services provided within oncology clinics
- Improved knowledge of and confidence in, managing health needs of cancer survivors
- Increased skills in developing and participating in Cancer Survivorship Shared Care Plans
- Improved knowledge and skills in managing short and long-term side effects and complications of cancer treatments, for example:
- GPs – infections, nausea, fatigue
- PNs – wound management, psychosocial support.
GPs can attend one oncology outpatient clinic in either Swan Hill, Echuca or Kerang. Practice Nurses are able to shadow radiotherapy nurses and attend the Cancer Survivorship Clinic at Echuca or Kerang District Health.
The first two rounds of placement are taking place in Echuca, with other locations to follow in future.
Dates Wednesday 22 August, Wednesday 5 September, Wednesday 19 September
1 x session 9am - 1pm for Nurses / Allied Health
1 x session 1pm - 5pm for Nurses / Allied Health
2 x sessions 1pm - 5pm for GP's
Note that there are no CPD points attached to this activity, however participants can self-register for points using a pre-populated template available from Murray PHN upon request.
Gemma Bilardi, Cancer Survivorship Project Coordinator
t: 03 4408 5610 or e: email@example.com