- This event has passed.
Pharmacy Webinar: Clozapine in the Community
July 7, 2015 @ 7:00 am - 9:00 pm$75.00
The Government has announced changes to the PBS which will improve community access to clozapine for the treatment of schizophrenia. Under these proposed changes, pharmacies in the community will be permitted to source, supply and make claims under the PBS for clozapine supplied to eligible patients. These changes are expected to commence on 1 July 2015, and will lead to significant practice change for pharmacists. Following this lecture, you will have the confidence to safely manage patients taking this complex and potentially life threatening medication.
Upon completion of this activity pharmacist should be able to:
- Describe the signs, symptoms and prevalence of schizophrenia
- Appreciate the different management options for schizophrenia
- Explain the role of clozapine in the treatment of schizophrenia
- Describe the potential risks associated with clozapine therapy
- Discuss the initiation process for clozapine treatment and the role of the pharmacist in the ongoing management of patients taking clozapine
- Outline the current supply process for clozapine in the hospital and community setting
- Explain the proposed changes for the supply of clozapine in community pharmacies
Follow this link or download the following flyer for details: