- This event has passed.
Prescribed drugs of dependence | Bendigo | FULLY BOOKED
March 21, 2018 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
One event on April 18, 2018 at 6:30 pm
One event on May 23, 2018 at 6:30 pm
GPs, practice nurses, pharmacists and allied health professionals are invited to this series of workshops to learn how to:
- Identify and document problematic use of prescribed drugs of dependence and to effectively manage complex patients.
- Outline the RACGP clinical guidelines for drugs of dependence and how they may be incorporated into general practice.
- List the supports and resources available to GPs to promote safe and appropriate prescribing of drugs of dependence in general practice.
- Identify referral pathways and communication between general practices and alcohol and drug services.
Note you can attend one session or all three, however participation in all three sessions is required to obtain 40 RACGP Category 1 points.
- 21 March: drugs of dependence and your practice, how to identify and manage high risk patients - RSVP 16 March.
- 18 April:drugs of dependence continued and S8 permits - RSVP 13 April.
- 23 May: codeine rescheduling, real time prescription monitoring and the benefits of physiotherapy - RSVP 18 May.
THIS EVENT IS FULLY BOOKED.
CONTACT firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on a waiting list.