- This event has passed.
Prescribed drugs of dependence | Mildura
October 18, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
One event on November 8, 2018 at 6:00pm
One event on December 4, 2018 at 6:00pm
This education series will be held over three sessions and is for GPs, Practice Nurses, Pharmacists, Allied Health professionals. Attendees will learn how to:
- Identify and document problematic use of prescribed drugs of dependence and to effectively manage complex patients.
- Outline the RACGP clinical guidelines for drugs of dependence and how they may be incorporated into general practice.
- Identify the supports and resources available to GPs to promote safe and appropriate prescribing of drugs of dependence in general practice.
- Identify referral pathways and communication between general practices and alcohol and drug services.
- Identify how to obtain and assess the need for a Schedule 8 permit.