- This event has passed.
Preventing postnatal problems and enhancing clinical practice
August 29, 2017 @ 2:45 pm - 4:30 pmFree
What Were We Thinking! (WWWT) is an evidence-based, gender-informed psychoeducation program for parents of first babies. It promotes parents' confidence and wellbeing, and reduces common postpartum mental health problems such as anxiety and depression. This presentation offers a multidisciplinary approach to examine new ways of thinking about mental health promotion and prevention in new parents by offering the following presentations:
- Professor Jane Fisher: current responses and new evidence
- Fiona Darling: introduction to WWWT e-mental health resources
- Sue Doogan: practical applications and lessons from the field
After this event participants will be able to:
- Understand the theoretical principles and evidence behind WWWT
- Recognise modifiable risks for perinatal depressive, anxiety and adjustment disorders
- Implement evidence-informed strategies using e-mental health resources, to build skills and promote health adjustment among new parents.