- This event has passed.
Self-care in the COVID-19 context
May 26, 2020 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pmFree
Murray PHN has commissioned the Australian Psychological Society to provide two webinars outlining information and education around managing self-care and navigating collaboration and coordination during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The webinars are available at no charge to all health care workers including frontline and behind the scenes staff working in the Murray PHN region.
Webinar 1 | Self-care in the COVID-19 context
This webinar focuses on how health practitioners can look after themselves during this time and topics include:
- what COVID-19 means for health care workers
- ‘normal’ stress reactions and anxieties
- managing uncertainty, stress and burnout
- strategies for managing anxiety, fear and frustration
- when and where to seek help
- helpful and unhelpful behaviour
- personal relationships and connectedness
- Dr Helen Lindner, registered psychologist with an endorsed area of practice in health psychology, an approved supervisor, and a Fellow of the APS and the College of Health Psychologists
- Mr David Stokes, psychologist with a long history of working in staff management and professional practice, and a Fellow of the APS
Click here to RSVP before 4pm, Tuesday 26 May. Note that you must follow the instructions on the APS site to either log in or register. The promo code is “PHN” (in capital letters – case sensitive).
If you have any problems or do not receive the confirmation emails, please contact the APS by email APSInstitute@psychology.org.au or phone 03 8662 3300.
On the day of the event you will receive an email containing the zoom link to attend the live webinar and you will also be able to login to download a PDF version of the PowerPoint presentation slides.