- This event has passed.
Suicide Prevention – it’s everyone’s business rural strategies that work! conference | Inglewood
August 30, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$250
Suicide rates in rural and regional areas are considerably higher than those within the metropolitan setting. People in rural areas face more risk factors and challenges that contribute to this.
This conference focuses on strategies and programs that work in rural areas. A range of presenters have been selected to address some particular high risk cohorts in our region, including farmers, LBGTIQ community and youth.
This conference will start with a welcome from Hon Damian Drum MP, Member for Murray, hosted by Cath Styles, stand-up comedian with key note address by Wayne Schwass, former AFL football player and mental health advocate, and speakers:
- Fiona Livingstone - Centre for Rural and Remote Mental Health (Good SPACE suicide prevention program)
- David Bakker – Moodmission mental health app
- Maree Dixon and Emily Slater - headspace Bendigo
- Pauline Neil - Macedon Ranges Shire Council (Live4Life a suicide prevention initiative based around school and community partnerships)
- Alannah McGreggor - SPAN Walk
- Sandra Goode - Loddon Mallee Mental Health Carers Network
- Marlene Lamprell – Anglicare Victoria
- Jason Azzopardi - Victoria Police
- Dr Alison Kennedy - National Centre for Farmer Health
- Lauren Zappa and Jacalyn Grose - Royal Flying Doctor Service (Look over the farm gate and psychological service pilot project)
- Murray PHN - Stop Mental Illness Stigma Charter
- Jeremy Forbes - HALT
- Rebecca Gardner – Department of Health and Human Services (trial place-based suicide prevention approaches)
- Craig Holloway - Victorian Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation