- This event has passed.
Caring for patients with cancer: Treatment side effects and HealthPathways | Webinar
July 29 @ 12:30 pm - 1:15 pmFree
General practitioners, practice nurses, practice managers, allied health and other health professionals are invited to attend a three-part webinar series about care for patients who have had a cancer diagnosis, are currently undergoing treatment or have completed treatment.
Hosted by Murray PHN, together with Western Victoria PHN, session two of the series will cover:
- Understanding cancer immunotherapy treatment and immune related adverse reactions/events
- Cancer supportive care HealthPathways including resources and tools available to support patients living with cancer
- Explain management strategies for immunotherapy treatment and adverse reactions and events
- Identify HealthPathways resources for supporting patients living with cancer
- Justin Hargreaves (VIC) BN, PGDipN(Can&Pall), MAdvNursPrac(NPRAC), Medical Oncology Nurse Practitioner | Bendigo Cancer Centre, Bendigo Health: Justin has been working as an endorsed Nurse Practitioner since 2011 at the Bendigo Cancer Centre. Justin’s main role is in patient assessment and chemotherapy/immunotherapy toxicity management with interests in breast cancer survivorship, oral chemotherapy and supportive care. Justin is the current chair of the CNSA Cancer Nurse Practitioner Specialist Practice Network (CNP SPN) and also sits on various committees within Bendigo Health including medication safety, policy and procedure, and the Loddon Mallee Nurse Practitioner committee.
- Dr Ann-Marie McKinnon, General Practitioner, Senior Clinical Editor | Murray PHN: Dr McKinnon is a GP in Woodend and a Senior Clinical Editor for HealthPathways at Murray PHN. Her medical interests include aged care, education and women’s health.
Click here to learn more and RSVP.
Related HealthPathways: Oncology