- This event has passed.
Part three: Dealing with difficult and challenging behaviour in general practice | Webinar
March 18, 2022 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pmFree
This three-part webinar series on Triage in General Practice will be held on Fridays 4, 11 and 18 March at 12.30pm – 1.30pm. Participants are encouraged to attend all three webinars; Part 1: Basic principles of triage in general practice, Part 2: Recognising and prioritising care using triage tools and practice-specific guidelines, and Part 3: Dealing with difficult and challenging behaviour in general practice.
Part 3: Dealing with difficult and challenging behaviour in general practice
Audience: Medical receptionists, practice managers, practice nurses, GPs and other health professionals.
Presenter: Wendy O’Meara, Associate Education Consultant, Larter
- Recap of webinars one and two
- Dealing with difficult and challenging behaviour
- Effective communication – both face-to-face and telephone
- Responding to angry patients and zero tolerance policy
- Provision of safe environment for staff and patients.
- Describe effective communication strategies for telephone and face-to-face communication
- Identify strategies to assist in the management of challenging behaviours
Click here for part one and click here for part two of the webinar series.
Presenter bio: Wendy has 18 years’ experience in general practice and is currently Senior Operations Manager in a 20 doctor general practice in Gisborne, Victoria. Wendy has worked in all aspects of general practice including reception, practice nursing and practice management, and has a strong, comprehensive understanding of all facets surrounding each area. She currently manages 15 reception/admin staff and five chronic disease nurses, and is responsible for IT, daily operations and induction and mentoring of new GPs and medical students. Wendy has been delivering triage workshops for Larter since 2017.