- This event has passed.
Viral Hepatitis: The role of primary care health practitioners in reducing deaths from hepatitis C and liver cancer | Swan Hill
July 24 @ 5:45 pm - 8:00 pmFree
Ground-breaking new treatments that cure hepatitis C in over 95 per cent of patients are now available on the PBS. This session will be a broad introduction to hepatitis C treatment and cure.
- Outline the global and national impact of hepatitis C on the public health of communities
- Increase understanding of transmission, testing and management of hepatitis C
- Increase understanding of the new Direct Acting Antivirals side effects, drug interactions and precautions
- Detail the monitoring requirements for people with hepatitis C
- Be aware of local services/ alternative models that can support and treat people with hepatitis C
- Resources available to support your practice