Investing in general practice
Our General ractice Investment Strategy encourages health activity targeting both our priorities and populations with greater need. Our commitment to general practice is twofold:
- We are investing more than $3 million to support general practice to provide services to patients in our region; and
- We are launching our General Practice Support Program (pictured below) to strengthen, support and partner with general practices to focus on practice quality and business sustainability.
Twelve month funding packages are available to general practices for the following services:
- Care coordination services for patients with chronic illness
- Alcohol screening and brief interventions
- Rostered GP after hours networks, and
- Low intensity mental health services for children.
Our prospectus gives further detail on the scope of the packages available. We encourage general practices submitting applications for funding to consider how they will address the Murray PHN strategic health priorities specifically to support our diverse communities.
Find out more
Workshops will outline the opportunities available to general practices in our region and explain how to apply.
Register to attend a workshop:
- Albury on 18 February 2019
- Shepparton on 19 February 2019
- Bendigo on 20 February 2019 and
- Mildura on 21 February 2019
The workshops will include an introduction to care coordination and business modeling for team-based care. If you have any enquiries, you can email our team at GPsupport@murrayphn.org.au
- Click here to view the General Practice Prospectus
- Click here to view the 2018-2022 Provisional Needs Assessment
Apply for funding
Applications will open on TenderSearch on 25 February and close 25 March. Contracts will be awarded for the period to June 2020.
To view and submit applications you must register for TenderSearch. Registration is free and easy. Click here to register. Note that you must click the 'classification link' appropriate to the types of health services you are interested in providing. If you experience any difficulties with this process, contact TenderSearch t: 1800 836 337.