Supporting general practice
In response to the growing number of respiratory conditions in the Mildura local government area, the state government has funded Murray PHN to establish a general practice respiratory clinic (GPRC).
The GPRC must be operational as soon as possible and will focus on the assessment, testing and short-term management of patients who are COVID positive for a six month period.
Murray PHN is pleased to launch the three-part Business Resilience Program; 'Insight, Learn, Develop', for general practices in our region. The program began in April 2021 and is helping practices to build on their business models and tackle practice specific issues with direct support from leading general practice business consultant Medical Business Services.
Care coordination mentorship opportunity
If your practice is interested in teaming up with another local general practice to learn more about how they have implemented new or enhanced models of care coordination, click here to learn more.
Subscribe to our GP update email newsletter
Click here to subscribe to our dedicated GP Update email newsletter for the latest news and information.
Useful resource links
- PHN Exchange: data platform
- Murray HealthPathways: a free online manual containing information about the assessment and management, and referral details of clinical conditions
- APNA: nursing tools
- APNA: healthy practices
- Primary Care Partnerships: overview and locations
- Carer Gateway: Care coordination and case management definitions
- Mental Health, Drug and Alcohol Principal Committee: A national framework for recovery-oriented mental health services: a guide for practitioners and providers
- Our consumer place: resources for mental health consumers
- Health Consumers’ Council: consumer experience of living with a chronic health condition
- Cancer screening resources hub: resources for project planning, implementation evaluation
- CAT Plus: CAT4 step by step guides
- HealthDirect: Goal setting
- ACCRM: telehealth case study
- RACGP afp journal: six elements of integrated primary health care
- South Eastern Melbourne PHN: examples of successful expressions of interest for after hours funding rounds
- Grattan Institute: Mapping primary care in Australia Report, July 2018
- AHHA: Deeble Institutes Brief No 15 -Review of after hours service models: and learnings for regional, rural and remote communities
Contact your local Quality Improvement Consultant or email our team at GPsupport@murrayphn.org.au
Page last updated 17 March 2022