Investing in general practice
** The 2020 Investing in General Practice tender has now closed. Thank you to everyone who submitted a tender. We are in the process of reviewing all tenders and will contact each practice who applied to notify them of the outcome.
The 2019 inaugural Murray PHN General Practice Investment Strategy signalled a new way of commissioning within general practice. We are pleased to continue this in 2020 with a range of opportunities, including:
- care coordination for patients with chronic disease
- improving access to after hours services
- mental health services for hard-to-reach populations
- chronic disease remote patient monitoring
- supporting mental health and alcohol and other drug services in general practice.
- 2020 Investing in General Practice Prospectus - provides a full description of the opportunities on offer and how to apply.
- 2018-2022 Needs Assessment, updated 2019 - describes health priorities in the Murray PHN region
- Investing in General Practice 2020 Briefing Presentation recording (below) - will help practices to start thinking about preparing for applications.
- Got questions? Click here to read answers to frequently asked questions.
To learn more about a selection of projects funded last year you can view short videos from our November 2019 Investing in General Practice Forum:
- Overview of Investing in General Practice projects – Penny Bolton – Murray PHN
- Care coordination for patients with chronic illness – Jane Rinaldi and Tara Jones - University of Melbourne Shepperton Medical Centre
- Nurse-led clinic for COPD, chronic asthma and cardiovascular disease – Jade Cartwright - Gateway Health Medical
- Care coordination services for COPD patients – Kristen Mann and Dr Antoinette Del Popolo - Corowa/Rutherglen Medical Centre
- Expansion of after hours in Cobram general practices – Dr Crissie Dumitrescu - NCN Health
If you have any further enquiries, you can email our team at GPsupport@murrayphn.org.au
You can also click here to subscribe to our GP Update email newsletter for the latest news and information.
- PHN Exchange: data platform
- Murray HealthPathways: a free online manual containing information about the assessment and management, and referral details of clinical conditions
- APNA: nursing tools
- APNA: healthy practices
- Primary Care Partnerships: overview and locations
- Carer Gateway: Care coordination and case management definitions
- Mental Health, Drug and Alcohol Principal Committee: A national framework for recovery-oriented mental health services: a guide for practitioners and providers
- Our consumer place: resources for mental health consumers
- Health Consumers’ Council: consumer experience of living with a chronic health condition
- Cancer screening resources hub: resources for project planning, implementation evaluation
- CAT Plus: CAT4 step by step guides
- HealthDirect: Goal setting
- ACCRM: telehealth case study
- RACGP afp journal: six elements of integrated primary health care
- South Eastern Melbourne PHN: examples of successful expressions of interest for after hours funding rounds
- Grattan Institute: Mapping primary care in Australia Report, July 2018
- AHHA: Deeble Institutes Brief No 15 -Review of after hours service models: and learnings for regional, rural and remote communities
- Click here to view the 2019 General Practice Prospectus
- Click here to view the 2018-2022 Needs Assessment
- Click here to watch a recording of the Bendigo workshop on 20 February 2019 and click here for the accompanying PowerPoint presentation
- Click here for frequently asked questions - last updated 25 February
Page last updated 17 March 2020