Strengthening Medicare - General practice grants program
The Australian Government is investing $220 million in grants over two years through the Strengthening Medicare – General Practice Grants Program, to help general practices and eligible Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisations (ACCHOs) to expand patient access and improve services.
The grants will support investments in innovation, training, equipment, and minor capital works in one or more of the three investment streams below:
- enhancing digital health capability
- upgrading infection prevention and control arrangements
- maintaining or achieving accreditation.
A one-off grant of either $25,000, $35,000 or $50,000 will be available to each eligible general practices and ACCHOs based on their accreditation status and practice size.
Eligible ACCHOs need to apply for the grants through NACCHO: email@example.com
An open and operating general practice as per the RACGP definition for the purposes of practice accreditation against the Standards for General Practices (5th edition), that operates within the model of general practice, provide services predominantly* of a general practice nature and is capable of meeting all mandatory indicators in the RACGP Standards for General Practices (5th edition).
- Grants open – Wednesday 26 April
- Grants close – 5pm, Thursday 15 June (please note that we are still processing applications after 15 June)
- Program ends - 30 June 2024
- Evaluation – 31 July 2024
To apply you will be sent:
- 26 April - An email will be sent to each eligible general practice
- Included in the email will be:
a. A Quick reference guide for general practices
b. A survey to complete with a link to complete
- Murray PHN will review and contracts will be sent via DocuSign – please note that the email address provided will receive the contract to sign.
If you have not received an email with further details by 28 April 2023, please reach out to Murray PHN via email firstname.lastname@example.org
To assist practices with applying for the enhancing digital health capability stream, Murray PNN has created a guidance document, available here.
For more information or support email email@example.com
Page last updated 16 June 2023